Tuesday 20 January 2015

5 Ways to Stay Motivated in 2015


As we begin a new year we hear a lot of this "New year New me" sort of thing as people make resolutions that only last a couple of days before they are completely abandoned.
I've done it, I'm sure we all have at one stage.
We start off the year with all this enthusiasm to be different, to be better but somehow we lose that motivation further on. How do we avoid this?
Well here are some tips on how to make this year your best year yet.

1. Declutter your space, declutter your life
I am an abysmally messy person, I admit. If I clean my room I guarantee it won't last longer than a week. What I've found though is that if I do clean my room and for the time that it stays that way, I feel almost encouraged to use that space. Whatever room it is that you spend the most time in; a study, bedroom or whatever else, I guarantee that cleaning it will make you want to spend more time there. Even if it just organizing your desk and letting all that nice natural light get in, it will make you feel so much better about using that space.

2. Set small goals to accomplish
Often when we set a goal, we tend to be discouraged after a while once we realize the small progress we've made when compared to the massive goal we have just set. Instead, why don't you set up a timeline? Set small goals and a deadline by which to accomplish each. Maybe even set up a reward once you reach a certain one. Whatever it is that you want to accomplish remember that success is a process that takes time.

3. Go outside
Sometimes everything can just me a little too much for us to handle and we get overwhelmed. The stress can often be overwhelming and we need to escape from it. The answer is not to go online or on your phone. It won't help. Going outside even if it's just for 15 mins to get a breath of fresh air and forget about whatever it is that is stressing you out. This will help to clear your mind and help you find a solution quicker.

4. Get off the couch
It has been repeated to us over and over again that exercise will help make you feel good. BUT IT'S HARD. I admit it. Getting up and deciding to go to the gym or going for a jog around the block is difficult especially when you would much rather sit and watch the next episode of Friends. Once you get past that initial laziness and you finish your run or your workout, it is the best feeling ever. Yes, you hated having to do it but the feeling of accomplishment is worth the struggle.

5. Find a buddy
Anything that you set out to do will be much easier with someone by your side. Choose someone who will encourage you to continue even when you don't want to anymore. Whether your goal is to be fitter, get better grades in school or even just to be happier this year, the support of someone you care about is the key to achieving it.

So guys, here's to 2015 and let's hope this year is a good one.
If you guys want to contact me you can email me at:
gabrielam550@gmail.com

OR you can contact me on social media on:
Twitter: gabbiiii_m
Instagram: gabbiii_m

No comments:

Post a Comment