Sunday 29 March 2015

Girl Talk: Body Shaming

So recently I've been seeing some things on the internet that I have caught my eye and I have a few things to say so I decided to start sort of a mini series on here called Girl Talk!

A couple of weeks ago I was on Instagram and I came across something that really bothered me. It was this:

I've never been a girl who is exceptionally thin or small so that isn't the reason this offended me. It offended me simply because nowadays we have sunk to body shaming girls whatever type of body shape they have. Curvy girls are labelled 'fat' and now smaller girls are being labelled 'bones'. Real men don't label body shapes. Real men see beyond what's on the outside.
Why is it that we feel the need to comment on each other's bodies?
Why do we have so much trouble being happy with the way we are?
Talking about that girl's makeup or outfit or figure isn't going to make you any prettier, thinner or nicer as a person.
We are constantly comparing ourselves to others and making ourselves feel bad because we aren't as pretty as her or as thin as her. It is not the sum of our parts that makes a person valuable or beautiful. We are not define by what others think of us or how they see us. Our beauty isn't defined by whether that guy is into you are not. It is defined by who you are as a person and how you see yourself. So let's stop pushing each other down for who we are or what we look like.

Aside from the adorable bunny, we need to realise that we are all beautiful in our own way and maybe we won't ever be like that perfect model on Instagram, but you are you and no one can take that from you. So wear what you want to wear, wear as much makeup as you want, totally own that outfit  or talk to that boy you've been eyeing, because you do you the best.

So what do you guys think?
Let me know in the comments below or you can contact me on:
Instagram: gabbiii_m
Twitter: gabbiiii_m
or email me at gabrielam550@gmail.com

Love,
Gaby xo

No comments:

Post a Comment