Thursday 25 December 2014

Review: Nude by Nature Makeup Brushes

I received the set of makeup brushes by Nude by Nature from one of my friends. I was so excited to try these out and I have a few things to say about these brushes. 


1. Kabuki Brush
The first brush in this set is the Kabuki Brush. I am a big fan of this brush. The first time I used it, it gave my foundation such a nice smooth finish without me having to spend too much time trying to blend my makeup in. The bristles are soft so they're not harsh on the skin like some brushes can be.


2. Defining Blush/Powder Brush
This brush is also quite good and you can use it to apply any sort of powder. It is useful to contour your face with blush and bronzer as well as helping you to apply a mattefying powder if that's your thing.


3. Eye Shader
This brush is a wider brush that you can use to apply a base colour to your eyelashes. This gives you a nice smooth finish for you to be able to blend in the colour properly and give your eyes a proper finish. It is useful for both large eyelids and for a more petite crease also. 


4. Eye Blending Brush
This brush is smaller than the eye shader and is useful to blend in the different shades in your eyelids. It is good to blend in the smaller sections like the corners of your eyes. The thinner structure of the brush allows you to be more precise with the colours you want to use on your eyes. 


5. Concealer Brush. 
I think this is my least favourite brush of the entire set. The reason for this is that while it serves to physically put the concealer on your face but I didn't find that it blends it into your face very well. It feels a little like the brush just spreads it bust doesn't really help to make your face look normal and flawless. I ultimately resorted to using the kabuki brush to blend concealer in. This actually gives a much nicer effect.


6. Eye Definer and Lip Brush
This is a dual-headed brush and I am absolutely in love with the eye definer.I found that this helps if you want to use a kohl eyeliner to give you a more smoky effect as well as just helping you blending in any colour you want to apply to your lash line. It is indeed very precise and easy to use so you won't screw up (something I am quite proficient in). The lip brush on the other end is also quite useful if you want to apply a gloss over your lip colour or blend in your lip liner. This brush is quite nice to use also. 


7. Precision Sharpener
The last part of the set is a sharpener for any sort of pencil you have i.e eyeliners, lip liners etc. There really isn't much I can say about this. I mean, it's a sharpener. Full stop. 

Overall, I am quite a fan of this brush set. Most of the brushes do what they're supposed to do and give a very smooth, professional finish. I would give this set a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment